Are you a creative person ? Since you are a writer, I imagine that everyone answered : Yes!
God’s gift of creativity helps us with many aspects of life.
Right now here in NL, it is too cold to be exercising outside, but that is temporary ! God decides the temperature, but I can still stay in shape , because I have a Gym in a Box !
Pictured, in my portable gym, are the following fitness items:
- A piece of Theraband stretchy band. I hold it in both hands and pull it to exercise arms, hands and shoulders.
- A pink rhythmic gymnastic ribbon. This is a shorter length, I ordered it through Amazon for six dollars. I dance with it, and the twirling ribbon is very soothing to watch.
- Two tennis balls. Sometimes my husband and I play throw and catch with one of them, and other times I juggle with the balls ! Small pleasures amuse me !
- My ballet slippers. I do not have a barre in my current home, but I hold on to the kitchen counter to do my exercises. Ballet helps in maintaining suppleness and flexibility as we age.
- My yoga mat doesn’t fit into the box, but I store it under the bed beside my tiny gym box.
- Also included in my fitness routine is a two dollar hoola hoop. I have been enjoying these since they were first commercialized when I was about eight years old.
And, since aesthetics are so important, the box itself is beautiful. I store it with its lid on, and tied with a green ribbon, but I leave the shoes on top of it.
God always appreciates a grateful attitude ! It is cold, but I do my ballet exercises in the kitchen, and I say :This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad !