Newfoundland is having an election this week !
I’m not a T.V. watcher, but I follow political webcasts sometimes. Thus, I have compiled a list on how to be an ineffective speaker.
- Use the word ‘I’ a lot. This will display that you are suffering from ‘i- itis’, or inflammation of the ego.You will thus display that you are mainly concerned with yourself.
- Be excessively wordy. Use long sentences, and excessive detail. People’s attention spans are very short these days, but ramble on anyways.
- Repeat yourself often, to make a point. This is sure to irritate people.
- Never answer a question directly. Jesus said, let your yes, be yes, and your no, be no, but ignore this advice ! Using many words shows sophistication.
- Use aggressive body language. Point your finger at others to make a point. Finger pointing is a gesture that is disliked in most cultures.
- Interrupt others whenever you can. This shows that you are not interested in what they have to say. Others will reciprocate, by not listening to you either.
- Raise your voice often. The louder you speak, the more others will tune you out.
- Mumble ( this is a special tip for Newfoundlanders. )
- Use colloquialisms, such as ‘pie in the sky’, or ‘beating around the bush’ often. This will make your words more confusing.
- Blame others often ,and never take responsibility for your actions.
Photo Credit : Tyler Callahan, Unsplash